One of my favourite snacks is banana bread. I think I should have been a monkey in my previous life as I enjoy bananas a little too much. Over the year I have adapted my Mum’s recipe to my personal likes and dislikes. Now, this quick bread is the perfect way to get my banana fix. It is just sweet enough to satisfy your sweet-tooth craving, but also is an easy way to incorporate fruits into your diet. The recipe can also be tweaked to include additional fruits, or if you are feeling adventurous even vegetables.
I became inspired to post this recipe because recently at university, my friend and I were discussing our love of fruit breads. We love how you can use your imagination and incorporate anything your heart desires into a base batter of banana bread. Be creative – add apples, berries, raisins, nuts, chocolate.
Enjoy my banana bread recipes with its crunchy crust, moist interior texture, and delightful punch of banana flavour.
- 1/3 cup softened unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup mashed ripened bananas (can add more banana, but will need to bake for longer)
- Cream together butter and sugar. Use a hand mixer if you own one, otherwise a fork will do.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and beat well.
- In a separate bowl, sift all dry ingredients together.
- Mash bananas in yet another bowl.
- Alternately add sifted mixture and banana to creamed mixture
- Pour batter into greased 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 45-50 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.